Make your own free website on


Felicia's Story

Felicia and my Grandson Chad fell in love this past year. You could tell by seeing them together, that they truly cared for each other. They were looking forward to a future together.

On November 29, 2002...Felicia fell ill. Chad, took her to the ER. They gave her meds and sent her home. The next day she was incoherent and in a tremendous amount of pain. He and her Mom took her back to the ER. They admitted her and gave her morphine for the pain. At 8PM, they sent Chad and Pat home. Chad was very upset all evening and at midnight, he called the hospital. They informed him that they were sending her to a larger medical center, and awaiting paramedics to transport her.

Upon arrival, she was placed in ICU. Numerous tests were taken daily, with doctors unable to make a diagnosis. Her family stayed near throughout this time. Prayer groups were started all over the world... for no one could imagine something this horrible happening to a vital young woman. Tests results were sent to the CDC in Atlanta, GA. Every test came back...showing nothing wrong. One test finally convinced the doctors that... possibly... she might have...encephalitis!!!

At one point, the doctors felt optimistic, and said she was responding to verbal requests to move her legs. (She had been having seizures, and for a time was in a medically induced coma). They performed a tracheotomy to relieve the damage done to her mouth from the ventilator.

On Sunday, December 22... her vital signs started plummeting. Her lung collapsed, and her heart stopped!!

She was resuscitated, and then, with her family gathered around... Felicia left for her Heavenly Home.

Today is December 28... just one short month from being a vital, happy, 22 year old senior at MSU, wanting desperately to be a teacher of love with Chad, adored by her parents, brothers and grandparents... and all who knew her... Felicia was laid to rest upon a quiet hilltop cemetery.

My deepest sympathy to her family and heart aches for you...knowing the void her death brings. For my family... it was reliving the horrors of the sudden loss of Melissa.

And to my beloved grandson... May God keep you in the palm of His gentle Hands... I am so very proud of you. You have shown a maturity and faith beyond your young years. May God richly bless you!!

With love forever,
Your devoted Gram

live, love, and enjoy it to the fullest!!!

Chad & Felicia

Chad had purchased a beautiful ring for Felicia for Christmas.
It was a gold cut-out heart surrounded by diamonds.
At the viewing, he lovingly placed it on her finger and kissed her Good-bye.


Felicia was a Girl Scout who received the Silver Award. She was a camp counselor and reader for the Children's Reading Hour at Scout Camp in the summer. She was an outstanding of the volleyball team and a member of the softball team. She was an avid skier, and loved outdoor sports and outdoor recreation. She was a senior in college, majoring in elementary education with a focus on special education. She loved children and was planning on teaching handicapped children. She was the office manager for the college radio station and had her own show, "Gin and Tonic" which aired Sunday nights at 8PM. She was the "Tonic". She worked parttime at Walmart while attending school.



I'd like the memory of me
To be a happy one
I'd like to leave an afterglow
Of smiles when life is done.
Whispering softly down the ways
Of happy times and laughing times
And bright and sunny days.
I'd like the tears of those who grieve,
To dry before the sun
Of happy memories that I leave
When life is done.


This Midi is: "AVE MARIA"

My favorite ANGELS will take you to another page honoring FELICIA!